Kalari Chikilsa is highly effective while still allowing flexibility to suit the patient's individual needs. Treatment courses, oils and medicines can be tailored to an individual's condition, the overall state of health, and time frame. There are specific program durations suggested. In our experience, with the recommended time commitment for which the treatment was designed, as well as the individual treatments and lifestyle habits provided at Kalariyil Dharmikam Ashram, the program can provide relief to most illnesses or chronic diseases. Below are the recommended general course durations; however, they may vary according to the patient's conditions. The therapies and medicines will be personalized in order to suit the individual's body type and medical consultation.
Every treatment package includes accommodations, Kalari Chikilsa treatments, 3 vegetarian meals per day, and complimentary services such as a personal exercise program, meditation training, or Kalaripayatt training.
Planning your treatment
Below are the recommended course durations; however, they are adjustable to the patient's needs.
The first step in planning your treatment course is a consultation with our in-house Ayurvedic physician and Kalari Chikilsa Practitioner. He/she will perform a holistic assessment of your physical health, including past illnesses and potential future conditions, your lifestyle habits, and identify your dosha states of balance/ imbalance. Once He/she has insight into your overall health, the best course of treatment is prescribed, which can include herbal medicines, oil massages, or localized Marma therapy.
Nadi Nirnayam – DIAGNOSIS – 3 Day Course
This course is an introduction to Kalari Chikilsa that includes oil massages, kizhi treatments based on your Nadi or pulse flow. This treatment course may include medicinal herbal blends and recommendations for diet and lifestyle habits. It is designed to relieve fatigue and restore energy.
Tapa Abhyavakaranam – REVIVAL – 7 Day Course
This course comprises a minimum of seven treatments. The aim is to identify and address major blockages in the Marma System in order to restore the flow of energy in the body. This has the effect of boosting the healing capabilities of the body. The patient can expect relaxation and some rejuvenation.
Dhrauvyo Ajangalam – REJUVENATION– 14 Day Course
This course includes a minimum of fourteen treatments. Due to the extended duration of the treatment, this course often includes a wider range of treatment combinations, such as Shiro Dhara, Sarvanga Dhara, Avi Chikilsa, or Virechanam. This greatly increases the detoxifying effects of the treatment, and thus the patient may expect a greater degree of relief, renewed energy, and a balancing of the doshas. The duration is also conducive to a deeper sense of relaxation and rejuvenation.
Vivrithi Shamanam –RESTORATION – (21 to 28-day course)
This course includes a minimum of 21 treatments and will provide maximum benefit for the patient. This course offers the full range of treatments which will be given according to the Practioner's diagnosis and the individual needs of the patient. This provides maximum detoxification and purification of the body and calming of the mind and spirit. The patient can expect increased vitality, rejuvenation, as well as a strengthening of all systems resulting in a general sense of well-being. The majority of patients suffering from chronic illnesses like age-related arthritis, neuromuscular diseases, chronic pain syndrome, and auto-immune conditions find relief from this extended course treatment course.
A holistic program of rejuvenation involves the physical, mental, emotional & spiritual levels. It brings back the body’s natural energetic state making you feel young and energetic again. Rejuvenation is essential to your vitality, creativity, happiness, and inner growth.
A well-designed rejuvenation therapy plan, an invigorating and personalized exercise program, a yoga & meditation session for mental relaxation & rejuvenation, a healthy diet & a serene atmosphere all combine to result in total rejuvenation – The most joyful state to be – of the mind, body & soul at Kalaariyil Dharmikam.
Some of the therapies given below are provided in Ayurvedic Rejuvenation therapy
- Abhyangam: Abhyanga or Ayurvedic massage is an integral part of Ayurvedic treatment. It is an effective solution for relaxation and the well-being of one's body and state of mind.
- Steam bath: In this, the individual is made to sit in a box filled with steam from herbs and medicinal leaves. This helps to balance doshas and causes the elimination of toxins from the body in the form of sweat.
- Ksheera Dhara: This involves the continuous flow of medicated milk poured over the head and body from a specific distance. It is a remedial therapy for stress reduction.
- Patra potala swedam: This is also called ‘elakizhi'. It involves the preparation of a bolus, which consists of herbs and plants sautéed in medicated oil tied in a cloth. The warm bolus is slightly pressed all over the affected area in the form of a massage. This therapy is recommended for ailments of the joints, muscles, and bones.
- Thakradhara: In this, a thin, continuous stream of medicated buttermilk is poured over the head or body of the individual.
- Shiro Dhara:‘Shiro' means head and ‘dhara' means flow. In shirodhara, a continuous stream of warm, herbal oil is poured on the forehead of the individual.
- Avagaham: This involves anointing the body with medicated oil, followed by an herbal bath.
- Kati Vasti: Warm medicated oil is poured and retained on the lower back by placing a ring made from dough. This therapy is effective for back pain.
- Njavarakizhi: Njavara rice, milk, and herbal decoctions are tied together in the form of boluses which are used to massage the body such that sweat is induced.
- Pizhichil: This is a sudation therapy in which lukewarm medicated oils are squeezed on the body from a soaked cloth and the body is massaged by trained masseurs.
- Dhanyamla Dhara: In this therapy, the medicated herbal decoction is poured over the affected area in a thin, continuous stream.
- Herbal Facial: This involves the massaging of the face with medicated liquids and applying herbal face packs.
- Virechanam: This is a part of ayurvedic detoxification therapy. It is a process of purifying the body by eliminating toxins. It involves the oral administration of substances that induce purging in order to eliminate the toxic doshas from the body.
The therapies will be personalized in order to suit the individual's body type and medical history. Hence, only those therapies recommended by the doctor will be provided.
- Restoration and repair of worn-out tissues
- Elimination of toxins
- Stress relief
- Relief from muscle strain
- Improvement in blood circulation
- Improvement in complexion. Gives better-looking, youthful skin.
|Basic Level 1
|Basic Hand movements
|Basic Leg movements
|Forms – 3
|Locks – 2
|Throws – 2
|Ozhivu (evading techniques)
|Basic Level 2
|Forms – 6
|Stances – 8
|Locks – 6
|Nedu Vadi Veeshu 3
|Finish Basic Hand movements
|Basic Leg movements
|Intermediate Level 1
|Forms – 10
|Stances – 12
|Throws – 10
|Koluthu – 9
|Thattu – 9
|Red – 10
|Nedu Vadi Veeshu 6
|Kuru Vadi Adistana Chuvadu – 6
|Kuru Vadi Chuvadu 4
|Kuru Vadi Payattu 4
|Intermediate Level 2
|Forms – 12
|Fighting Comb. 18
|Thattu – 18
|Koluthu – 18
|Red – 18
|Nedu Vadi Veeshu 12
|Cheru Vadi Adisthana Chuvadu – 6
|Cheru Vadi Chuvadu – 6
|Cheru Vadi Payattu 6
|Kuru Vadi Prayogam – 12
|Kuru Vadi Chuvadu – 12
|Kuru Vadi Payattu 12
|Nedu Vadi Exercises – 12
|Advanced Level 1
|Forms – 15
|Kuru Vadi Chuvadu – 18
|Cheru Vadi Prayogam – 12
|Cheru Vadi Chuvadu – 12
|Cheru Vadi Payattu – 12
|Cherumam Adhistana Chuvadu – 6
|Cherumam Chuvadu – 8
|Cherumam Payattu – 8